Sign in or
Showing 2 posts
Aug 30 2007, 4:04 PM EDTI would love to ask some questions concerning the Hunter F6 story.
1. Your comment on the sawtooth being a trademark of the Hunter F6, I would love to refer to the book Luchtstrijdkrachten België in which a picture is published of IF41 with a straight wing!
2. I do not understand why you state in your text 7W received the first F6 while in your aircraft listings 9W received the first aircraft?
3. To my knowledge only 8sq received initially the F6 while 7sq continued to use the F4. When you count the aircraft from your listing you will note that till the end of 59 there were within 7W only sufficient aircraft for 1 squadron. Furthermore you state that in 60 the use of squadron codes is discontinued. So can you explain the picture of IF127. What adds to my confusion is that you give dec60 as delivery date of this aircraft to 7W! Can you please cjarify!
4. You state that 9W was disbanded in feb60, while the squadrons only disbanded in april 60 and the wing in jun60. If I take your list in april 60 you have the last aircraft leaving.
5. I do not get the connection between your 9 wing in the text and the 9 Wing Missiles. The latter receiving this name on 17sep63! The first Nike unit 3 WETSA was formed 06oct59 and was renamed 13 Wing. So.....
6. Your picture of IF61 seems to depict the same aircraft as you picture of IF81, but on the other side....am I correct? Do you find this valuable?
Keyword tags: None
1. RE: Hunter
Aug 31 2007, 3:37 PM EDTAnswer 1 : I have amended the text accordingly.
Answer 2 : I have corrected the text.
Answer 3 : I have amended the text to remove the discrepancies, if you have more detailed information on when what was introduced, I will be happy to add it onto the page.
Answer 4 : According to my info the disbandment ceremony was in February and between February and April the assets of the squadrons left the base.
Answer 5 : The text does not say 9 Wing is replaced by 9 Wing Missiles, it says 9 Wing is replace with a missile unit. I meant to say that the role of 9 Wing was taken over by the missiles. I have changed the text to make it more clear.
Answer 6 : you are correct on this, I have removed the picture with IF81.
Do you find this valuable?